Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 9 months ago

Do you trust Real estate agents?

Why or why not?

In the UK?  Not an inch.  Estate agency is completely unregulated. Anyone can start up as an estate agent with no qualifications of checks on suitability. Any job like that naturally attracts chancers.

• G R

depends on the person and whether or not i know them

Some are trustworthy, I guess. We've had bad luck though. Total liars. One said a rotten beam would be replaced. It never happened. Another contracted to do ALL of the negotiations. He never negotiated anything. I had to do it, but he kept the full commission. Generally, they are vultures who will do and say anything to earn a commission. That's the nature of the business, just like insurance. It's a "hustle".

Like all professions there's always a bad apple in every basket.  The majority are honest, hard working individuals.

Source(s): I'm a Realtor

You can't lump all real estate agents as the same. It's very unfair. Yes, there are ones that can be trusted.

i have never given one my money. is that what you mean?

• keerok

Yes.

Because he is my brother-in-law.

Depends on th ereal estate agent.

No, they are out for themselves. It is funny that even when they are on TV and pretend to be for the client, they are not. If they can close a deal quickly, then screw the client and close.

No. Aunt Josephine is terrified of them.