Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Do you trust Real estate agents?

Why or why not?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

In the UK?  Not an inch.  Estate agency is completely unregulated. Anyone can start up as an estate agent with no qualifications of checks on suitability. Any job like that naturally attracts chancers.

• G R
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

depends on the person and whether or not i know them

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some are trustworthy, I guess. We've had bad luck though. Total liars. One said a rotten beam would be replaced. It never happened. Another contracted to do ALL of the negotiations. He never negotiated anything. I had to do it, but he kept the full commission. Generally, they are vultures who will do and say anything to earn a commission. That's the nature of the business, just like insurance. It's a "hustle".

• 1 month ago

Like all professions there's always a bad apple in every basket.  The majority are honest, hard working individuals.

Source(s): I'm a Realtor
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can't lump all real estate agents as the same. It's very unfair. Yes, there are ones that can be trusted.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i have never given one my money. is that what you mean?

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.

Because he is my brother-in-law.

• 1 month ago

Depends on th ereal estate agent.

• 1 month ago

No, they are out for themselves. It is funny that even when they are on TV and pretend to be for the client, they are not. If they can close a deal quickly, then screw the client and close.

• 1 month ago

No. Aunt Josephine is terrified of them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.