steph
steph asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 weeks ago

It says someone answered my question but when I go in I can’t see the answer! Why is this? ?

The person who answered your question was blocked by what is known as a spam filter.  It has nothing to do with your browser or the answer being deleted.  If the answer was deleted there would be no notification from them.  This spam filter blocks you from seeing their answer.  But they think you can see it.  What they must do is re-write there answer to get back the spam filter.  It could be as easy as placing three-periods at the end of a sentence...  Also if there are any links they need to be removed.  It is not easy but it can be done.  Not much you can do about it.  But you would do an update and let the individual know his answer has  been blocked.  This has happened to me also.

• .

There are a few reasons this might happen:

1. The user deleted the answer before you saw it in the question . Once you get a notification of an answer, the notification doesn't disappear if the answer is deleted from the display.

2. The answer was reported and removed before you saw it in the question (again, the notification won't disappear when the answer has been removed) . 

3. The answer is hung in the spam filter (some mistakenly call it shadow banning, but it is not any form of banning) and only shows up for the user who posted it. It needs to be edited to get it to show up for others, but if the OP doesn't realize no one else can see it, they don't know to inquire about the issue and find out what to do to get it through the filter. This happens to me often if I edit an answer (it will disappear from view for everyone but me, and many edits may or may not make it visible again).

• Zirp

possibility 1  the answerer deleted it

possibility 2 enough people reported it to have the machine delete it.

There have been rumours about a spamfilter for years, but I for one have not seen any evidence that it exists. If it did exist, wouldn't it filter out several common, machine-detectable violations?

• Daniel

If you see Answers in Notifications but not the Question its Due to the Answer got Reported and Deleted after the Notification for it was Sent out Yahoo does not update there Notification when Someones Answer gets Removed

Are your device and browser in desktop Mose? If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser,  YA has not supported IE for over 5 years. Time to switch to Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Edge

• susie

They may have deleted their answer.