Do you expect nothing but the best in life?

• carrie

I think you get what you deserve in life, 

No, that would just be setting myself up for disappointment.

• No I’ve been humbled, I’m thankful for what I have

I think I did when I was younger, but reality had a way of slapping some common sense into me and I'm ok with that. Expecting the best can set you up for a continuous series of let downs.

Source(s): Live in the moment, its much saner.

That would be a recipe for disaster AJ. I'm sure there are people out there in reality land who do, I'm sure there are people who make other peoples lives HELL .

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Never have huge expectations from life, you could be easily disappointed, here in japan life is a living hell in terms of social issues, no rest from jobs, constant demand from pressure on students, that causes teens and youth to withdraw from society. it's all life disappointment. hope my people could be happy sometime, including me. economic wellbeing is not always happiness as you can see clearly

Those are some high expectations sure to be dashed.