Anyone read that red meats are bad for you?  Were they always?

Update:

I chose alternative because I think you're more concerned. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

They were always bad for you but we either didn't know it. And also first worlders are eating so much more red meat. Processed meats are the worst. Red meat is the second worse. Processed meat is now classified as a class one carcinogen. But don't forget all the sat fat and cholesterol 

• Nickname
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Nonsence meats are not bad, and egg cholesterol lowers body’s cholesterol.

• yes they have always been 

• 3 weeks ago

i herd that if u get bit by a tic then ur allergic to meat after that

• patty
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

too much of anything is bad

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

i think they were always bad for you

• 3 weeks ago

Red meat isn't bad for you or anyone. It's nutritious and the saturated fats are good for our bodies, especially our brain and other organs.

What is terrible for us are grains, sugars, refined oiles and processed foods generally. These foods are what lead to heart attacks and cancers, not meat. Meat is a natural food.

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

just the rumors,by the fear mongers who are afraid of their own shadow...the FACT remains, it should be a side dish, and 1st have a balance of fruits and veggies, with a side of meat. NOT a huge portion, we all need the power of fruits n veggies to give balance to the nutrition we consume and we should take a quality multivitamin, just cheap insurance......so don't be a copy cat of fear mongers who NEVER fully explain and give the big picture, they just want profits, the faster the better.....

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No food is bad for you. Excess is bad. If you eat too much meat, it would cause health problems, but if you ate too many vegetables, or drank too much water, it would cause you health problems.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

That's a fake rumor started by P.E.T.A.

• Describing food as "bad" is poor nutrition. You need a balanced diet. Too much red meat is bad for you. Too little red meat is bad for you.

• 3 weeks ago

Its about as bad for you as anything else, but its good af so im not gonna stop eating it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.