steph
steph asked in Social SciencePsychology · 10 months ago

Is there a way to make yourself dream about something? Or Is it completely out of your control? ?

You can have lucid dreams. I guess it takes practice. Probably information on YouTube and there are also Guided Meditations for lucid dreaming on YouTube.

You can but you need to think about it a lot.

Right before going to sleep.

• Chanel

I cannot see how anybody could make themselves dream. There is no way.

The mind is complicated and when you are sleeping your subconcious takes over.

Concentrate on it very hard. Nothing else. It does work. However, I had serial nightmares 4 months, always the Same thing. Then, I found out the old GF I was dreaming off had Died..they went away.

Ive also had very detailed dreams, where I had a problem that day and solved it . Or could see every rivet on a plane. Theses are usually due to a night seizure. 

Ive had lucid dreams where I could control things. Takes a lot of concentration, too. Used to have a dream diary. I loved my "flying" dreams, best.

EDIT: Had one last night. ,Odd dream but I decided  to Fly up to my room to get my clothes. Everyone else crowded an escalator.  On way, I saw a kitten stuck.   I found it easier to fly up and rescue the cat...odd.. less concentration needed.

Source(s): Was on a dream forum and had dream diary.
  • KatieC

You can absolutely influence things in a lucid dream, but it’s very difficult to stay asleep once you’ve realized that you’re dreaming.

Dreams are slippery things, but you can influence them at least. This is easier later in the sleep cycle when dreaming is most active, and especially if you are dream is a story. It's very hard to make yourself dream that you have found your soul mate, but you can probably dream about the attempt.

The simple answer is no you can not make your self dream about something specific, but you could maybe do something within your waking life to influence the type of dream you have.