Why are DC movies so bad compared to Marvel?

• I just can't agree with the premise here.  There have been some excellent DC movies.  But there are many more spectacular, over the top Marvel movies, I guess

Batman (Tim Burton and Nolan) are some of the best movies of all time (not just best superhero movies). Joker is like on another level when you compare it with formula tic and sub par Marvel movies, this movie had the best chance of winning an oscar and become the first superhero to do this miracle. I am not saying being entertaining is a bad thing but you said DC Movies are bad but there are many movies that are heads and shoulders above. What I like about DC movies is that they are ever evolving where as Marvel movies are monotonous with exception of Thor Ragnarok and Winter Soldier(only movies that I consider as good as Burtons Batman). Now, Aquaman and Black Panther are more or less same movies but I loved Aquaman more so I believe bad or good is just a matter of opinion (before someone bring box office collection than people even Citizen Kane bombed).

• Noah

Because theyr'e rip offs of marvel, Captain America and Wonder-Woman, Thor and Aqua- Man, Venom and Joker!

I'd say dc has the higher ceiling, MCU has the higher floor. MCU's never put out anything as good as The Joker, but then again they've never put out anything as bad as Suicide Squad.

Well, let's be aware how freakishly good Marvel's run has been.  They went 10 years with 23-ish movies and of them, how many were bad?  2?  Thor 2 and Hulk were pretty much the only outright stinkers.  Sure, some were LESS GOOD compared to other MCU movies, but even Thor 1, Black Panther 1, Iron Man 3, and some of the others you might name as mediocre were, on their own merits, still decent fun action/comedies.  No one walked out of those movies feeling like they'd been violated off like a lot of us did walking out of Last Jedi or Phantom Menace.

So give Marvel a ton of credit for an unbelievably strong run.  Kevin Feige has done an AMAZING job of finding directorial talent and coordinating something that has NO RIVAL in movie history in terms of scope or success.  I guess what I'm saying is that comparing ANYONE to that is just unfair.

However, DC kind of made their own bed when it embraced Zack Snyder to be it's Kevin Feige.  Snyder had done a okay job on Watchmen, and DC was coming off a successful Dark Knight trilogy.  So Snyder himself likes grittier superhero takes, and Nolan's trilogy was gritty, so he wanted to take the DCEU in a gritty direction as the more 'grown up' superhero universe compared to Marvel which largely embraced the fun and camp of superheroes.

The writing was on the wall when Snyder admitted in a press conference early on that he didn't 'get' superheroes.  And the evidence poured in.  Man of Steel, BvS, Justice League, Suicide Squad...they all screamed at their desire to be gritty and dramatic and violent, but not fun.  The only exception, to DC's run of crap was Wonder Woman, which ALSO went gritty (WW1 was not a happy place), but was smart enough to pitch it's protagonist as CONTRARY to that tone. Diana was the optimist seeking peace in a world at war.  Patty Jenkins hit that one out of the park...well, until the finale which she messed up in every way possible.  

Now, I've heard good things since Snyder's departure.  I heard Aquaman was at least okay.  I haven't seen it personally and it's not on my streaming services except for ppv.  I also heard Shazam was quite entertaining.  If true, that's a positive direction.  Make good solo movies first.  Prove you can do that.  THEN bring them together in a team-up.

It all has to do with the creators that they choose. What baffles me about DC, is that they won't change their formula, and if a director or writer sucks, they will continue to use that person, making more of the same kind of product. Birds of Prey seems like the same Suicide Squad garbage. Their animated sector with products like: The Killing Joke, Batman: Hush, Batman and Harley Quinn (2017) are some of the most cringeworthy disappointments.  Their only good product in "a long time" has been the Joker movie. 

They're not. Joker and The Dark Knight are better than any Marvel movies ever made, and this is coming from someone who generally prefers Marvel to DC.

Marvel Studios has a more consistent vision under studio president Kevin Feige, as well as having humor to balance out the serious nature of some stories and characters.

DC has been inconsistent on numerous fronts, with the overall darker tone and the troubled productions of certain films affecting how the films turned out. As of now, they seemed to have a decent grasp on their films, after the success of Aquaman and the positive praise for Shazam.

I think it's because the producers of the Marvel Movies understand that they should not portray their movies completely seriously. At Marvel, they understand that superheroes are a bit ridiculous, and they write the movies with that in mind. They strike a good balance between action and drama and comedy.

The DC movies don't even try to acknowledge their own silliness. They give us characters that are too serious about what they are, and that makes them less relatable.

• DC seems to have toned down the seriousness after Aquaman, which featured him riding a sea horse into battle. Shazam is more silly in tone, which makes sense for the character.

dc is better than marvel