Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 3 weeks ago

Wound on leg?

Ive got a wound on my leg it's infected and has pus coming out if I cut through the wound to make the wound bigger will the infection get better or worse

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

If you are this stupid, you are going to lose the leg to infection. The potential for fatal infection to set in is extremely high if you are already seeing signs of bacterial infection. You will need antibiotic treatment to eradicate the infection and potentially surgery if you are septic. If you go to the emergency room or urgent care, you may be able to stave off gangrene...however if you mess with this yourself, expect the worst. Cutting into any wound is extremely dangerous and the end result could be death.

• 3 weeks ago

If the infection continuous you can get sepsis (severe cases) or even osteomyelitis and this very difficult to treat and can kill you! Any swelling, discharge, redness, heat coming from the wound indicates that it is infected and depending on how severe the infection is you may need antibiotics. 

• hart
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Aloe-Vera will do the trick

• 3 weeks ago

You will make it worse.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Please be wise, and go to the hospital and get this dealt with. Don't start self-diagnosing yourself and trying to heal yourself. You will just end up becoming septic if you do this.  Please go to your nearest ER.

• 3 weeks ago

Worse I hope then you will die one less idiot on the planet

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Worse. See your doctor but for now keep it clean and put neomycin on it and cover it with a bandage but not too tightly.

• 3 weeks ago

See a doctor ASAP. Mess with it and you could end up with blood poisoning.

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That would be a very unwise thing to do.  Go see a doctor.  They will know how and when to lance it, not cause nerve damage, not cut a vein, clean it, and possibly give you oral and topical anti-biotics

• 3 weeks ago

you need to go to the er and get it checked out

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.