Taisia asked in PetsBirds · 3 weeks ago

How do I hide a loud parrot in a no-pet-policy apartment?

Thought about soundproofing the walls, but the foam is kind of ugly and I’m not into it, are there other ways to make sure my cockatiel’s screeches and whistles can’t be heard out in the hall? And no, moving into a pet-friendly apartment isn’t an option available to me right now, and we aren’t getting rid of the bird either.

Update:

Currently living in a pet-friendly building which is why we got the pet but getting evicted because management wants to charge higher rent. No cheap pet-friendly buildings available anywhere near our area. Looking for decent answers only thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

Had same issues with our new parrots from👉👉 www.weanedparrots.com

They will give you an excellent guidance 🙏🙏

• 2 weeks ago

Maybe have a friend watch him

• patty
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

get a second job to pay the higher rent.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

How about you shove it up your ***?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Angel
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Sorry to say, your the one that brought the problem on as a challenge, and even with those ugly foam blocks, the sound still carries from their screeches.  You brought a pet into a pet free environment so deal with the possible eviction consequences that go with it.  Sorry to say whenever the bird gets stimulated he will squawk and between neighbors and surprise inspections, you will eventually get caught with the pet and have to deal with the consequences.

• 3 weeks ago

I don't see that happening, parrots can get louder than humans.

Best bet is get a pet friendly place, or give up the bird.

• 3 weeks ago

You take the parrot to a vet and have the vocal cords clipped. So now you have a silent parrot

• 3 weeks ago

you should not be buying animals when you are not allowed them, unfair to the animal.

• 3 weeks ago

Teach it to speak a language so well that nobody suspects a thing. Make people believe it's actually a person living there with you.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You don't. You should not have bought the bird if you were not allowed to have it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.