Taisia asked in PetsBirds · 3 weeks ago

How do I hide a loud parrot in a no-pet-policy apartment?

Thought about soundproofing the walls, but the foam is kind of ugly and I’m not into it, are there other ways to make sure my cockatiel’s screeches and whistles can’t be heard out in the hall? And no, moving into a pet-friendly apartment isn’t an option available to me right now, and we aren’t getting rid of the bird either.

Currently living in a pet-friendly building which is why we got the pet but getting evicted because management wants to charge higher rent. No cheap pet-friendly buildings available anywhere near our area. Looking for decent answers only thanks

• 1 week ago

Had same issues with our new parrots from👉👉 www.weanedparrots.com

They will give you an excellent guidance 🙏🙏

Maybe have a friend watch him

• patty

get a second job to pay the higher rent.

How about you shove it up your ***?

• Angel

Sorry to say, your the one that brought the problem on as a challenge, and even with those ugly foam blocks, the sound still carries from their screeches.  You brought a pet into a pet free environment so deal with the possible eviction consequences that go with it.  Sorry to say whenever the bird gets stimulated he will squawk and between neighbors and surprise inspections, you will eventually get caught with the pet and have to deal with the consequences.

I don't see that happening, parrots can get louder than humans.

Best bet is get a pet friendly place, or give up the bird.

You take the parrot to a vet and have the vocal cords clipped. So now you have a silent parrot

you should not be buying animals when you are not allowed them, unfair to the animal.

Teach it to speak a language so well that nobody suspects a thing. Make people believe it's actually a person living there with you.

• Rick B

You don't. You should not have bought the bird if you were not allowed to have it.