ISO remote start help?

just installed an aftermarket remote start to my 2012 Dodge caravan. Now the van will only start using the remote start how do I fix this? 

• Bort

It might be that the model of remote starter you got only works that way. Or it's how you wired it. If you followed the installation instructions and this is what it's doing it's likely that that's just how that specific remote starter is designed to work?

I don't think any of them work that way, by the remote only, but I assume it's possible some are designed that way.

You may have to McGuyver this if that is the case by piggy backing off the start wire from the remote starter to the ignition, bypass it from the key ignition by connecting the start power wire from the ignition directly to the starter solenoid or piggy backing the ignition start wire to the remote starter wire that activates the remote starter.

I would connect the ignition start power wire back on to the starter directly is how I would do it but piggy backing it to the remote starter activation wire is a way to do it too.

You can find which wire it is from the ignition by using a test light on the terminals, turning the key until you find the one that lights up the light when the key is fully turned. It should be the terminal furthest to the left if you have the terminals facing you. Run a 14g wire from that terminal to the starter solenoid.

Your vehicle was not broken and you tried to fix it.  Take the van to a professional mechanic before the van is really totally broken.