Does anybody who has lived in both Oregon and Arkansas know which state has the better overall quality of life?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

These questions about whether the "overall quality of life" is better in one state versus another are very silly. Even the smallest US state, Rhode Island, has a land area greater than 1,000 square miles. Within that area there's plenty of variety to be found. There are places that are relatively wealthy, areas that are more middle class, and areas that are comparatively poor. There are areas that are safe, areas that are not as safe, areas that are busy and bustling, and areas that are quiet. 

Now you're asking about comparing Arkansas - a state that Rhode Island would fit inside more than 50 times, with Oregon - a state 95 times the size of Rhode Island. I ask you: What is the "overall quality of life" like in ANY US state?

If you've got a decent job and you can afford a nice place to live in any state, you can do well for yourself. Obviously things like the cost of living, the climate, and the entertainment and cultural options you have available to you will vary from one place to another, but it would be impossible to say that life is better for EVERYONE in Oregon than it is in Arkansas, or vice-versa. 

The same would be true if you were comparing any two of the other 48 states. 

Personally, I would take Oregon over Arkansas for the plain and simple reason that Oregon has far more to offer culturally. Living in a place like Arkansas means going without a lot of things that many people take for granted in other places - having access to museums, restaurants, being able to see concerts and attend festivals, etc. The largest city in Oregon is more than 3 times as populous as the largest city in Arkansas, so it's got a lot more going for it. 

But that really wouldn't make a difference if I happened to be living way out in eastern Oregon in some small town in the middle of nowhere. Then I'd be a lot better off living in downtown Little Rock or a suburb of Fayetteville in Arkansas. 

It's not about which state is generally better than the other, it's about how much better a life you can build for yourself in one versus the next, that's the deciding factor.  

• Linda
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Wanted more answers but thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks ago

The quality of life varies considerably in different parts of each state.

• 4 weeks ago

Oregon by far is better. They can even write proper English there.

• 4 weeks ago

Oregon is way better than Arkansas

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.