Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 3 weeks ago

Is this reasonable?

Is it reasonable for a parent to take away phones and ground an 18 year old and a 24 year old? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

18 & 24 year olds are not kids. Parents can no longer punish them other than requiring them to find their own home within a reasonable time.

Taking away their possessions is a form of theft and illegal.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No,

Both are fully grown adults & taking

away proprty is thef last time I ch'ckd

so the parent's are in the wrong hėrė !!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

no it's sick

seriously

Source(s): common sense
  • 3 weeks ago

If my adult children required grounding, I would wonder where I failed as a parent. They would be required to move out if they did were disrespectful of normal societal rules.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes, you can legally ground them until they're 56

• 3 weeks ago

Honestly as a parent if you couldn't afford and buy and have insurance on a phone at 18 and 24 you're lazy.  if parents are buying they can trash the thing if they want.

You need to be working, earning, buying on your own so no one can take it away.

You also need a degree and a career and shouldnt be living at home bumming a phone and bitching about it.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If the said 18 and 24 year olds live in the house of the parents, YES!

• 3 weeks ago

i think that if they're over 19 and have a job/contribute to the house that shouldn't be a good way to discipline kids. there's obviously something going wrong if you have to resort to this. maybe try other techniques and if the 24y/o isnt respecting you in your house, threaten to kick them out

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.