Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 3 weeks ago

Girls have you ever beaten a guy in Leg Wrestling before?

There's this new game that's viral at the moment called Leg Wrestling. You lie on the ground facing the opposite way from someone else and link arms. Then you both lift your leg 3 times, say 1,2,3 then on 3...lock legs and try to flip the other person

So I faced my friend, and I lost against her. Not going to lie, it was one of the worst feelings getting flipped like that by a girl lol. But then she said after she beat me that it's because she has longer legs. I'm 5'8, she's 5'11. My question for the girls out there, have you ever beaten a guy in this? And if so, essentially what was the matchup like? Heightwise, leg length, etc. 

• Adam D

"new game" - that's been around for about a thousand years, originating with Native Americans.  There are competitive leagues even.

The primary deciding factor, if skill level is equal, is lower body strength.  Leg length isn't going to factor in as much as you'd expect.  I'm sure tons of girls have beaten guys at this game, especially in cases where the girl is larger or stronger.  This is not a universally true statement, but in general, women have a better sense of how to apply their lower body strength than men.  Because they don't tend to have great natural upper body strength, they instinctively learn to apply their lower body - the legs are the largest, strongest muscles for anyone.  Guys, on the other hand, often overrely on our upper body strength - because it is there.

These dark Winter nights must just fly by in your company.