Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 3 weeks ago

What age did you put your little one in their own room and bed?

From birth with our now 27 year old daughter.

After a few months with our now 24 year old daughter who was in her own crib, but in our room. She had severe reflux and needed to sleep with the head of her crib elevated.

My 7 year old I say she was independent early. Never slept with me unless she falls asleep watching a movie. My 3 year old still in bed with me. We'll put him in his bed and he'll sneak in our room and we wake up and he is at the foot of the bed.

• GB

My daughter slept in a crib from birth, which I moved into her  room at about  10 weeks.  I thought it best that she was in my room while she was waking for night feeds.  She was four months old when I moved her into a bigger cot.

My kids slept in their cribs right from the beginning. We lived in a townhouse so their bedrooms were just a few feet away. It worked out well.

From the day they came home from the hospital. All the research I read recommended this would be best in order to avoid the trauma of changing over later.

• edward

4 months. He sleeps in his own room right next to ours. He sleeps in his own bed in there. We have a little gate so he doesn’t just roll off the side but he has his own room and his own bed

• Murzy

3 or 4 .

All 3 of my kids were sleeping their own bed (crib) by the age of 4 months. You have to teach them early otherwise you are going to be like some parents I know who have a child who is 8yrs old and still sleeps with them. They are all now young adults and have healthy sleeping habits.

• no

she was 7 ........

i will answer in reverse because i'm 27 and single, my father died in 1999 and i slept with mum until i was 19. i then went to my own room and stayed there and i'm here now. i know it sounds horrible but that is how i felt back then. cheers