Question for grandmas ?

If you scheduled a photo shoot for your family including a16 month old girl and on that day, the toddler is having a bad day and throwing tantrums all day. She wont calm down and you cant do the photo. Do you yell at the parents and get angry with the child or do you do something else. 

Favorite Answer

A mature adult (18 or older) would understand everyone has a bad day. But, it is disrespectful to the whole family to cancel a photoshoot just because one person is having a bad day. A grandmother would also be old enough to know if she hired a photographer she can't cancel. She has already made an agreement to do this with the whole family & hired someone to take photos.

You do the photoshoot. If the toddler is fussing and crying who cares? My husband has a huge family and we do not have one photo of all of us where everyone is just perfect. Any parent who has more than one kid understands this.

• helene

You do something else. Take the picture without the toddler, or take the picture with the littler screamer being held upside down by her feet.

Why couldn't you take the photo? How would yelling make the situation better?

We have a great family photo with our youngest daughter not even looking at the camera. We took the photo because we didn't need it to be perfect, we needed it to be us.

• Suzy Q

What do you mean, 'can't do the photo'? Does the world end if there is a fussy toddler in the picture? 

• helene

Maybe she is SCARED OF GRANDMA and that's why she was pitching fits. I'm just wondering about a physical cause for Grandma's behavior, like dementia or depression.

• Murzy

Just reschedule the shoot.

Two shots of whisky , wait 5 minutes, then 2 more. 

Source(s): I’m a very happy drunk!
  • no

I would talk to the mother to see if she can calm her child enough to take a decent photo or if she would like to reschedule at a better time.

I bribe the child with the promise of candy's toys and attention. Really, you shouldnt have had children if you have to ask total strangers online how to handle them.

• Jeremy I think you confused me for someone who actually cares... but you know what genuinely did insult me? I'm a dog peson, I hate cats, they smell of fish and look at people like they don't give a **** How dare you? ... And i'm a bloke...