Dylan asked in PetsBirds · 3 weeks ago

Question about my cockatiel?

About 1/2 months ago, a work colleagues mum was getting rid of a cockatiel as her mum was struggling to breath (they think it was from the bird), so we got him and they think he’s 10, he’s also had many different owners. He has red under both wings, he doesn’t come out of the cage at all, his nostrils are a bit red (not really red) and he has white, almost like dandruff stuff. When you try to put your hand into the cage his mouth is straight open. Does my cockatiel have any bad diseases, also when we first got him he would sometimes run around his cage, but he doesn’t do that so much now, he also makes odd noises sometimes. So yes, back to the question, anything wrong with him that Iv described. We’re taking him to the vets too.

The only person who can answer this is an Avian Veterinarian.  It could be anything.  I've had cockatiels my entire life.

• Gary

Cockatiels are some of the most unintelligent pets ever. They just chirp and crap on you. 

• John

My sister has a Cockatoo and it is a big bird, and named it Einstein. Einstein goes everywhere with my sister. Cockatoo's are intelligent is all I know. Your Cockatiel might have bird mites which could be the white dandruff stuff. You can buy bird mite killer at any pet store.

• Jay

A whole paragraph and not a single question

Also here’s photos if it helps any