Isn't it possible to clear sinus infection WITHOUT medicine?

I want to do natural remedies, but my mom wants me to take medicine (Nyquil), which I am not going to do (sorry mom).

Drink bottles of water and green tea with honey, eating onions, garlic, and ginger resting and sleeping with cure it by Wednesday, right? (I think I had it by Saturday, but it hasn't been bad.)

I have been drink lots and lots of water yesterday and again today to stay hydrated and flush it out of me.

Fortunately, a lot of sinus infections are caused by viruses, which means you will get better no matter what.

If you really have a sinus infection, you should go to the doctor.

If you just have a cold, then you can treat the symptoms only with

those things you mentioned, but it will most likely not cure you of

it. Your body just has to fight the virus until it's cleared while those

remedies make you feel a little more comfortable.

A sinus infection is usually a bacterial infection that requires more

intervention than a cold does.

Herbal supplements like ginseng and elderberry can shorten the

duration of a cold a little bit.

It is I has best answer

My doctor cleared mine with an instrument that looked like an ice pick and a hammer. Stuck it up my nose and drove it through the bone then washed it out with saline solution. NOT something I want to go through again, but it worked really well.

Nyquii doesn't cure a sinus infection. It just relieves symptoms a bit for some people.

There is information online about how to get rid of a sinus infection if you google it. Lots of times, they are caused by a virus so you can't get rid of them with a medication anyway. And sinus infections are contagious. Sometimes a sinus infection can be bacterial or caused by a fungus so if you're not rid of it or you're not a l lot better in a week or so, see a doctor. Fungal sinus infections can kill a person.

• Burgoo

use a neti pot as well, antibiotics will do it faster but if you want to do it yourself also use a neti pot

• Eva

Nyquil won't help a sinus infection. If you truly have an infection, only antibiotics will cure it. If all you have is a cold, it will work itself out in about 7 days.

An actual infection? No. But, if it is basic sinus issues yes you can prevent the infection before it begins. I'd suggest also doing a nasal rinse like Neti Pot. I use the squeeze bottle kind. I'm prone to sinus infections and actually fighting one now.

Nyquil isn't going to get rid of it either. If it is an infection you need antibiotics. If you're sinuses are just acting up you can take over the counter medication such as Flonase, and tylenol sinus. 

• k w

not really, tho I believe you believe that, herbs and natural things are best....not many  know that.....