Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 10 months ago

Herpes or yeast infection?

In the beginning of this month I woke up with a cold sore that had already formed. I took a dose a valtrex. Later that night my boyfriend and I had kissed and then he went down on me. Not smart I know but I can’t really take it back now. I’ve been itching on and off the past couple days. Yesterday me and my boyfriend had sex (kinda rough) and I felt like I was kinda raw the whole time. After I went to pee and I felt like I was peeing fire and I was just super sore. This morning I peed and felt fine and I don’t feel as sore. I still have some itching, swelling, and some white discharge but not much. I had been taking some antibiotics and usually when I do I get a yeast infection. I just don’t know if it’s that or if my cold sore could’ve transferred that easily. I don’t see a blister look down there but I’m just kinda worried. Can anyone give me an idea of what it could possibly be?

4 Answers

  • Favourite answer

    You have cold sores, so you have oral herpes. 

    Cold sores don't typically transfer that easily. He would have to kiss you on the mouth then directly with in seconds, give you oral sex. Or he would have to have a cold sore, while he gave you oral sex. 

    If you don't have blisters or sores on your genitals, it could be just a yeast infection. With herpes there's also a tingling symptom that comes with the itching, burning and burning when you urinate. An initial break out of herpes can also make you feel like you're getting the flu. 

    I don't think it's herpes, but you should see a doctor and get this checked out to be sure if it's a yeast infection or an std. 

  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    Read up on herpes you are clueless

  • Burgoo
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

    i am not a professional gynecologist but i would be happy to take a look

  • 10 months ago

    Sorry, but no one here can give you an idea of what "it" may be. You need to see a doctor or go to a clinic where they can do an exam and perhaps take a swab to see what the problem is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.