Question about Glade Wax Burner plugged into a powerstrip?

I heard that you shouldn't plug a space heater into a powerstrip because it can't handle it and can cause a fire. I have my Glade Wax Burner plugged into a powerstrip and am worried bc it, much like a space heater, heats up. Is this safe for my powercord? I don't have an outlet close to my bed. Halp.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Dale-E
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    Read and follow the directions on the store stock card that comes with it. Space heaters are often 1,000 Watts or more. A Glade diffuser uses only 25 Watts. They do have a mounting preference though. I found out the hard way and made a mess a couple weeks ago.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    It wouldn't even work, as the device would be sideways and all the "essential oils" would leak out.  If you somehow could keep the power cord vertical, that would be fine.  ("wax" burners" obviously heat up, but only very slightly, not even like an incandescent light bulb.)

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

    What matters is the current drawn, 

    not the type of thing drawing it. 

     

    Just don't exceed the ratings on the power strip. 

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Lance
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Use a high quality power strip. Most of the better power strips have a circuit breaker built in and will trip the electricity off if the power requirements become too great.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

    A wax burner draws about the same current as a light bulb. It's nothing like a space heater. You're fine. 

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.