Average age to get pregnant?

Is 19 an okay age to get pregnant? I been having baby fever, maybe I should wait to make sure its what I want but I don't know.. Advice??

I mean, it is in terms of health but maybe you should wait if you are not able to financially care for the child. It is easy to if you get rid of the the frivolous stuff like leasing a new car every 6 months, etc but you need to be sure that you are with a man that can support you! He doesn't need to be a perfect 6 ft guy, just someone with a stable job that can help with it. You have to ask yourself though if you want to be a career oriented woman or a housewife. Being a single mother is not a good thing to go through and you would be making a harsh path for yourself to walk down on. Having a job and taking care of kids alone is very draining and your child(ren) will suffer if you put them through babysitter after daycare after daycare. They need that nurturing care.

Source(s): My mom was a single mother
  • asad

19 is the good age for conceive the baby and you will give your baby everything whatever they want in their life. If you have child after 26 or 27 then you can't give the proper life to your child. why because of so many reasons,

• Mark

The avėrâg age of first time pregnancy is

around mid-late 20's now here in the US

& later in many european countries though.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

• LizB

Current average age for women in the US to have their first child is about 26 years old. For women who have completed college educations, it's just shy of 30.

People have gotten knocked up younger.

19 is young; you should wait until you are not only financially ready, but emotionally ready. having a child is a HUGE responsibility. you need to be able to put someone else before you and be completely selfless. When you have a baby, say goodbye to long showers and a full nights sleep

Keep your legs closed

CDC Study Shows Average Age for Having First Child Is 25 in U.S. Aug. 12, 2009 -- Women in the U.S. and other developed countries are waiting significantly longer before having their first children than new moms of a generation ago, shows a study by the CDC.

• pearlmar

I didn't have my first child until I was 33.  Had 2 more.