Where to buy / how to make seal-able cabinets?

So, from the inside out, I'm trying to fix bugs getting into things at my cabin out in the wilderness...

My biggest pet peeve, along with first concern, is bugs getting all up in my dishes and food and stuff.

So, is there a place to buy seal-able cabinets? I'm thinking of basically no gap in between the pieces of wood, so maybe a rubber seal?

Thanks!

• roger

You  could  use  magnetic  seals  like a  refrigerator.    Just put an iron  strip  on the  cabinet  frame and   use  replacement magnetic  strip   on the  door.

Why go to the trouble and expense of replacing or trying to alter cabinets? Put the food in bug-proof containers. Anything made of plastic with a tight lid, screw-on or snap-on, will do to keep bugs out of things. That's what I do at home. Take the food out of whatever box or bag it came in, and put it in a plastic or glass or metal jar or tin before it goes into the kitchen cupboard. You can buy all kinds of storage jars at any place that sells kitchen stuff. Or save jars that food came in and use them for storing other stuff. I re-use the tins that cookies came in. For the dishes, well, how many dishes do you keep at a wilderness cabin? When you leave, put them in a plastic storage box, inside a big plastic garbage bag as well if you like or find it necessary.

use an old refrigerator that no longer works but still seals

• John

Not cheap and even overkill, but these are sealed.  There are actually other sealed cabinets in the world, this is just one option.  I'll also point out that there are lots of boxes that are fairly bug proof. Not as convenient as cabinets but cheaper. Container store has lots of options there.

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/storage/flammab...

Maybe you can try using that flat peel-and-stick weather seal stuff around the inside edges of the cabinet doors.