Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 weeks ago

Husbands ex wife still has belongings of hers in shed ?

If your husbands ex wife still had boxes of her things (like purses, crafts and school stuff) in the shed after been divorced for 2 years, would it bother you? They were together for 8 years and has 2 kids so I can understand forgetting it. I know it’s also just stuff, but should I let it bother me? It’s just random stuff and school stuff as well. I let him know about it and he says he knew it was in there, he just didn’t know what all it was. He says he will get it to her, but I fear she will never get it. Am I overreacting? And making a big deal? I knew about the boxes of kid clothes and that doesn’t bother me, but should the other boxes? 

Favorite Answer

Sigh.  Judging by the number of times you've asked this and the ever-changing details, yes, you're overreacting.

No, it wouldn't bother me.

AND, AGAIN, WHO OWNS THE PROPERTY?  Your husband?  Joint with your husband?  Something else?

Seek mental health counseling.  You appear to have some sort of anxiety disorder and loss of self control when in front of a computer monitor.

• PAMELA

Just get it all sent back to her! ask for the address if you don't know, and ship it all back. problem solved, except you still have a dumb husband.

• In

Your husband should give her 30 days to come get the items or they will be donated to charity.

Yes, you already asked this question and i gave an answer. You're insecure. Who cares if she has a bunch of junk she abandoned in his shed?

you "fear" she will never get it? She probably forgot about it, or doesn't want it if she's never come looking for it. Not sure why you're having this meltdown about boxes of stuff.

Sigh.......no, it shouldn't bother you. there are room in a person's heart for love for more than one person. of course he still holds emotions for his ex!!!!

I hate that. I had to continuously badger my fiance to clean up her place, get rid of the hoarding and either get rid of their stuff from her ex and kids they left for 10 years, or give it away.

We made huge trash piles, donated, chucked it outside for them to look at because we warned and warned them to get it. They never did. I sold some of it on ebay as well and got us take out dinners, and spending cash.

I actually got upset she gave them back all their stuff after they left her with a hoarding house for many years. I could have sold even more of it considering how auful they treat her and we are poor.

Put your foot down if possible. Say this stuff has to go. It's from an ex.

Plus that's space you could be using and it upsets you to see it. Try explaining how it upsets you seeing her stuff.

• Rick

Yes, it would bother me.  It means he hasn't cut his ties with her.  Keeping her things means he's still got attachments to her.

• Linda

Did you know about that bf marrying him and why are you just now saying something? It is a bit weird but it does not mean he still likes her. I would pack up anything that was hers and take it to Goodwill but leave the kid's stuff alone.

1 - Would it bother me?  No.  I presume you are a joint owner of the property.

2 - Why do you think your husband is lying to you about the contents of the shed, returning the contents to his ex-wife?

3 - Yes, you're overreacting.

4 - Yes, you're making a big deal out of nothing.

5 - Let me get this straight.  Clothing doesn't bother you on YOUR property - if it is your property - BUT purses, crafts and school stuff DOES bother you.  What's the difference?

6 - I am married to a man who was divorced after 10 years and 3 children.  I do everything I can to be friendly and keep the peace with his ex-wife BECAUSE my husband has visitation with THEIR children, and I don't want the children to pick up any negative vibes.

He might not even be aware they are out there.  I found some of my ex's old fabrics years after she moved out and at that point, I donated them.

If it really doesn't bother you, then you might as well not do anything about it. However, it would be better for everyone in your family if you do maybe get rid of that stuff, maybe talk to your husband a little more about it, or even talk to her about it if you want