Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 weeks ago

Should I feel obligated to take my moms dog to the vet?

My dig past away a couple months ago from cancer. I was always so worried about her health. After she died, my anxiety shifted torwards my moms cat. I spent a bunch of money on her, and am treating a couple health conditions she has. I just remembered my moms 7 1/2 year old dog has a couple moles on him, along with a bump on his side. One mole in on his foot. It's about the size of a grain of rice. The other one is about the same size, and the lump is, I'm not sure how big, but it's been there for a long time. One of the moles I know have been there for a long time. And the other one I noticed about a couple months ago, about just remembered it. I have a habit of worrying about other people pets, and I want to try in reframe from doing it to my moms dog to the vet. Mostly because its mentally exhausting for me, and the vet thinks I'm crazy for bringing animals in all the time. Also, I'm just not wanting to keep spending all this money on animals. I forgot to say almost a year ago the mole on his leg was bleeding when I came home, but a couple days after it was back to normal. I know my moms not completely neglectful, because she at least takes him to the vet ro get his nails clipped, and glands squeezed, also she was gonna take him to the vet when the mole was bleeding, but it stopped. I just feel guilty if I dont take him to the vet, even though it's not my dog.

Yes because if it ends up being cancerous or anything serious.. your mom or whoever owns the animal can get fined for animal neglect nowadays for not taking the dog in. I would if I were you. Hope all is well💕

• Nicholas2 weeks agoReport

Keep an eye in the moles, and if they grow, than I will tell my mom 

i would especially if the mole was bleeding, also, they have health benefits for pets too

No, you do not need to feel obligated; you DO NOT OWN the dog.  Technically, it is illegal to cart other people's pets into the vet's (w/o permission) for treatment.  

If you cannot get rid of your obsessive compulsion (via common sense & reasoning the above statement) then ask your mother - if you can take the dog IN to satisfy your "need" to be SURE - it is okay, in relation to the lumps & mole.  A needle biopsy or straight removal - might be best.

<  and the vet thinks I'm crazy for bringing animals in all the time >

I'd stop there and re-read that sentence 50 times or so.

• Nicholas2 weeks agoReport

I think I know what you mean, but could elaborate fo me? I'm not very bright