Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 weeks ago

What is a doctor who specializes in fatigue (low energy levels) called. ?

I don't have the energy to work a full time job. I barely have enough energy to work a part time job.

12 Answers

  • Sally
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

    that doctor is called a pediatrician 

  • edward
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

    They’re going to find out why you don’t have the energy and there is medication out there to help with’s called Diphenylmethylsulfinylacetamide. More commonly known as Modafinil.

  • 3 weeks ago

    I am not sure except to say that maybe diet and plenty of rest,  where you can.

  • 3 weeks ago

    a quack.................

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

    Depends on what is causing your fatigue. If it is fibromyalgia could be a pain management doctor or immunologist. So there are a lot of illnesses that cause weakness and fatigue and sometimes people have multiple issues besides weakness and fatigue and they see more than one specialist.

  • Sam
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    Start with a general practitioner (GP) or Internist.

    Fatigue can result from stress, bereavement and grief, eating disorders, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, anxiety, boredom and life changes like a new home or divorce. Conditions like a hormonal imbalance, Cushing's disease, Addison's disease, kidney disease, diabetes, hypothyroidism, anemia, and liver disease, among many other conditions, can cause fatigue. 

    It can be a physiological or psychological issue or a combination of both. 

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    you are not eating your desert after dinner

    tonight dissolve 3 teaspoons of sugar

    in a glass of water and drink it after dinner

    you should feel fresh and energetic all day

    you are actually suffering from low blood sugar

  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    Sleep apnea???   A lung specialist would handle this but start with your GP

  • 3 weeks ago

    Start with your GP and then get referred to an internist.  Internists are great at solving medical puzzles.  

  • 3 weeks ago

    there is no such specialty..

    however, GP (or Family Doctors) are the first line to such cases, of which basic investigations should reveal which sub-specialty you need to get next..

    for example, if the fatigue is from a medical illness like Diabetes Mellitus, the GP (or the family doctor) may refer you to see an internist (a medical doctor specialized in internal medicine), if the fatigue is caused by the low production of the Thyroid hormone (from the Thyroid  gland located in the neck) you maybe referred to a General Surgeon, if the fatigue is caused by a Major Depression Disorder, you maybe referred to a Psychiatrist, and if it is related to issues in sleep, you maybe referred to sleep-clinic or such..

    but even simple manageable cases of Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, depression and/or sleep, can be managed by the General Practitioner GP (or by the Family Doctor - it is what a GP is called in the UK and in countries that follow the British health system)

    all the best..

    • KnightSaber2000
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

      Linda is right.. seeing a primary care doctor (GP or a Family Doctor) at any local clinic, is the usual first step for any medical issue, unless it is an emergency of which you'd need to go to the ER (or A&E in the UK), you'd be referred to endocrinologists if the GP is unable to handle the case..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.