Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 months ago

Why are some younger women often condescending, rude & dismissive of older women 40+?

Am aware some older women are rude!

This is about the young preying on the old

"Okay, Boomer" and other such memes have made it acceptable for Millennials to trash their parents and grandparents publicly. This isn't just a woman thing.

i dont think theyre all like that

• Jerry

Some people are snotty know-it-alls who think being snarky makes them cool. I haven't noticed that any particular gender or age group is especially prone to this; seems to me this bad attitude is "an equal opportunity employer" so to speak. 

Rudeness an condescending behavior just comes with the age. The spirit of youth and just plain bad habits of developing that kind of personality through what they call group consciousness. (Hanging out and behaving and speaking in that way with their peers). They develope themselves much like the gangsters developed their own worthless, I don't give a cr*p about nothing attitude. They walk their talk.

as someone of 40 plus, I have NEVER had a younger woman do that that me, neither has any of my friends, to my knowledge.

But perhaps there are some really shallow young girls who don't value anyone who isn't attractive - be that older woman or girls their own age

Some younger women are so conscious of their own sexuality, that they scorn any older woman who looks like she's "past it" and therefore doesn't have any value.

Well, those babes' futures are awaiting them . . .