Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 3 weeks ago

Jaw hurts after being hit in temple?

Boyfriend and I were having rough sex and he had mistakenly slapped/hit me in the temple instead of my cheeks. It hurt real bad it I had a headache for a good minute after it happened. Now my jaw hurts when I open my mouth wide enough and when I chew as well. Should I go see a doctor or will this pain go away on its own?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It should go away on its own. Take a couple naproxen to ease the discomfort of chewing.

• 3 weeks ago

I've heard it's dangerous when your temple gets injured (not 100% sure if this is true though! ) so it's probably a good idea to get checked just incase

• 3 weeks ago

What type of pain are you feeling? Is it in the upper jaw where the jaw connects to the skull or somewhere else? Usually this pain goes away but your jaw could be dislocated. On the other hand, you could have just stretched a muscle or tendon for a bit and it will go back to normal in a week or so.

I say wait a couple days to a week and see if the pain is still there. If the pain is unbearable, go to the doctor.

• Bob
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Turn the other cheek and let him hit you again 

And again and again

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Women love violence

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.