Car Folding mirrors kit?

I’m wondering my car doesn’t have automatic folding mirrors installed. They are standard mirrors. 

They don’t fold inwards. Is there a kit that I can buy that will allow them to fold inwards at all? It’s for a Ford Focus. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

It would be cheaper to just sell your existing car and buy the model that has folding mirrors.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Forget the whole thing - it's not worth the time and effort. You could buy a kit and try to install folding mirrors yourself, but you would have to replace the entire assembly, and it's going to cost you a bunch of time and money. If you don't know what you're doing, the mirrors may never work properly.

If you REALLY want folding mirrors, take your Focus down to a Ford dealership and pay the Maintenance Department to replace the existing mirrors.  

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Obviously, it doesn't have folding mirrors because the original owner of the car didn't pay for folding mirrors. If you want mirrors that fold, you can buy them and pay to have them installed.

• g
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Sure, Sam, but such a kit would cost you several Benjamins.  Probably not worth the cost.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Not cheaply.  Try asking these people, they'll know: https://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/wing-mirrors

You'd need the whole assembly, plus wiring, switch etc.

• 3 weeks ago

You would have to replace the entire assembly's, and that wouldn't be cheap.

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Sure. Order the parts and bolt 'em on.. If you can't handle that, take it to a body shop. THEY can do it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.