What is the purpose of allowing people who post Anonymously to block people from answering?

• SIR
    Favorite Answer

It's super annoying. They need to make it so that if an anonymous asker has blocked you, the answer box disappears so at least you don't end up spending ages on a detailed answer only to find you can't post it.

Or better yet, they could just eliminate the anonymous feature altogether. It's completely redundant.

As I am sure you well know........the  well known republican trolls on politics,  post a bunch of garbage........block everyone else from answering or contradicting their tripe.......and then award Best answer to some parrot.....or basically, another of their own sock puppets. 

There was quite the run of questions about me this morning.........all posted anonymous of course, and all answered by the usual line up  of troll clowns. 

I don't even have to name them...anyone on  the political boards, as you are, knows full well who the worst trolls are. 

many times I go anonymously because some on here are rude and nasty and I block them, but the sad part is they go on someone's answer in the comment section and say rude things to me. they should not be allowed to go on someone's comment section if they are blocked from that person. if they get rude I report them

• Daniel

The purpose is to not let them Answer there Questions anymore or to be able to Comment on there Answers

• .

The purpose of the block feature is to disallow people you don't want answering your posts or commenting on your answers, from posting directly to you. The feature is available even if a user is using the Anonymous option (the Block feature wasn't designed just for Anonymous users, it simply works whether a user is posting Anonymous or not).

.

There are suggestions in the (old) feedback forum for changing how Anonymous works or discontinuing it. If you want to make a suggestion (or vote on an existing one) in the new feedback forum (where someone from Yahoo will actually see it) go here https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010