Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

how can you lose weight if you cant excersise and dont eat a lot?

i am very disabled and any exercises are impossible or cause extreme pain (including swimming so dont suggest it or any other exercises) and make me worce. i eat a normal amount.

when i hit puberty i bulked up and gained some weight that i lost a good amount of but there was some i couldnt lose. a medication i am on and cant come off has caused me to gain some of it back. i am also on heavy painkillers

im vegetarian

im only a bit overweight but i still want to lose it

i put on the weight in the firt place when i ate meat. i dont eat a lot of oats or grains. i dont eat much full stop

Well, you said it - you're a vegetarian. Vegetarians usually eat a lot of grains (oats, rice, wheat, breads, pasta, processed food, meat with coatings on them, etc). They eat sugars and fruit juices... instead of having fruit juice why not just eat sugar from a bowl? It's the same thing.

These are the most likely culprits for your weight problem.

We all need healthy fats and decent proteins in our diets.

You aren't going to like this answer, but it may be because you are a vegetarian.  Because of your disability, you are very sedentary and your body needs very little fuel (look up the calories for your goal weight BMR). That means that you really need to use those calories to fuel your body with the essential nutients: amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.  If you are eating a lot of grains, beans, and fruit,  you probably aren't getting the nutrition you need and, instead, are flooding your body with glycogen from the carbs. Most of that is being used, but some is being stored as fat -- and you still aren't getting all the nutrients your body needs.

• LP7

Slightly reduce your food intake.Even vegetarians can put on weight

Yes you can. I'm also disabled and I'm either stuck in bed or use an electric wheelchair. I've lost 63lb this year by sticking to 1200 calories a day. I'm female so if you're male don't go below 1500 calories. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, berries and fat free Greek yogurt, eggs or lean protein and porridge. I have a large appetite so I can't eat calorie dense foods. I have a small bag of sweet and salty popcorn as a treat each day as it's only 63 calories. Good luck