Diana
Diana asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 months ago

Military members: If Trump orders you to nuke another country without good reason, what will you do?

You'd better think very carefully about that, because the wrong decision could compromise the U.S. national security.  

There is a military member with the football near the president. He has to present the right codes to activate the launch sequence. If he is drunk, drugged, acting totally crazy then the officer probably will consult with the vice president.

• Albert

Do you understand that if he makes such a legal order, somehow. I've been so retired now that such is on deaf ears. Thinking carefully because such is national security. What you smoking? Puff, puff, pass. Where's my hit?

if a valid launch order is given, then it will be carried out

but presidents don't have the authority to use nuclear weapons by themselves

• ?

I was never in the position and never will be so it's just a moot question to me. I once was in a former nuke storage area so that's the closest that I've been in such a situation.

I would love to nuke another country for no good reason even without Trump's order in order to help the world with its overpopulation problem.

• MAD MAX

Agreed it's time to start thinning The Herd!

I'd be like Denzel Washington.

If I was a Commanding Officer of a Ohio Class submarine IE USS Nebraska and a valid launch order came down through the NSC yes I would launch I'm Duty bound by  Navy regulations to obey.

• MAD MAX

If you would have studied history Moron you'd know Nazi Germany had already surrendered before the A Bomb's were ready! The Two A Bomb's dropped on Japan were military industrial targets fair game!