Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Was this sexual assault?

Couple months ago I was on a mission trip and I befriended this guy, one night we were hanging out and he started kissing me/touching me/making me touch him and I froze and couldn't do anything, I didn't want it to happen but I never said no or tried to stop him. It messed me up for weeks afterwards. When I told a friend about it she called it sexual assault, but I wasn't sure if that was an exaggeration. What do you guys think?

• Jerry

I think it was. Even though you may not have said no in so many words, guys know when an advance isn't being returned/accepted. Especially on a mission trip! I think he took advantage of you. Even if you don't report him to the police, you should at least consider letting the leaders and/or the sponsoring agency know what happened.

• Brian

Hopefully you can learn from this mistake. You need to tell him to stop and push his hands/arms away from you and be firm. If he continues then that's easily sexual assault but by not trying to prevent it at all is like you're agreeing to the whole thing. Try to view this as a lesson in life he offered you instead of anything else. Learning something about how life is in reality is a very positve thing.

• rick

If you didn't say no or make an obvious physical effort to stop him, I would say that you acquiesced, and agreed to his actions. No assault.

if you didn't say "no" and went along with it, it was not sexual assault.

You allowed it to happen, so it wasn't an assault.