Is it common for people to wear a coat/jacket while inside of their home?

Favorite Answer

I do when it is cold as I keep heat at low temp to save money.

• F

A coat is a bit much unless you have a very cold house. However, it is a bit stupid to wear next to nothing and turn the heating to max.

Yes, why not? Do you mean as opposed to a jumper or do you mean your should have the heating on instead? 

I find it a bit odd. When I'm indoors and not going out, I'm in loungewear - simply, a pullover or tshirt and leggings.

Yeah , if it’s cold. I do it in my dorm

I do and I think Fred Rogers did also. He only took it off when he was singing the 'it such a good feeling a very good feeling" song

In some countries...yes. Some nations are more energy conscious than others. So they keep their homes cooler than other people do. In which case they'll wear a jacket/sweater inside their homes.

• -

if it's cold yes

• denise

Not unless their heating is broken!

• Frank

A jacket designed for OUTDOOR use...not typically. If the "jacket" in question is a SUIT jacket or a light weight jacket...then sure.