What should I do?

I’m a third year nursing student, 26yrs old, qualify next summer. I also teach English online.

Never enjoyed nursing, have attempted to leave several times but always convinced not to do so. My one fear is that I may actually enjoy nursing once I’m qualified, it’s difficult while you don't know what you are doing, but may be different when qualified??

My girlfriend lives in Russia, she cant move here and the general intention is that I will move to Russia for now. The company I teach english for have physical schools in Russia and have said taking a position at one is no problem. I won’t be able to nurse there. If I go I also won’t be able to keep my nursing registration for long, which would make the whole degree for nothing. 

I don’t know whether to give up the nursing now and save some money and time or finish it, I suppose it’s something to fall back on, and I have no particular love for teaching English, although I prefer it to nursing.

The sensible thing would seem to be finish the course, move to Russia, see how things go, right? It’s very difficult to motivate yourself to do so much work and put in so many painful hours at the hospital just for a ‘fallback’ plan though.

If you don't like it, don't do it. I know someone who got a degree in teaching English, went to eastern Europe to teach, came back and petitioned to bring her fiance to the US (the k-1 visa is not that hard to get- watch 90 Day Fiancee), then went back to nursing school and works in labor and delivery. She loves it! You might want to watch the current series of 90 Day Fiancee- a woman who was teaching English there fell in love with a Russian and got pregnant. Last week, they showed her giving birth in a Russian hospital- it was pretty horrifying. 

• drip

My cousin went through nursing school, took the test twice and never really took to it.

She got a job at a nursing home and then went into administrative work there. She loves it. One friend works in a doctors office. Another friend went into teaching some nursing classes at a community college. What about a nurse at schools.  There are many options other than working in a hospital on 12 hour shifts

It would be a shame to waste the education and money. 

You could be a lawyer mayble

• John3 weeks agoReport

🙆‍♂️ great idea 😅