Iphone charging cords . I can't find any decent charging cords seems they always die within weeks as my girlfriends Samsung never die?

What am I doing wrong ? Is anyone else having this problem I buy apple certified cords , Whats going on ? this is pissing me off  , seems very lucrative for apple though ! 

I doubt it has anything to do with Apple vs Samsung and everything to do with your inability to take basic care of your cables.

I’ve owned a few iPhones since 2012 and only ever had one cable failure. But I also manage the issue, maintenance and repairs of just over 500 iPhone 6 models for my employer, and they’re being plugged and unplugged dozens of times every day as our drivers use them as multi-drop delivery Mobile Data Terminals, and are under strict instructions to NEVER leave the phones in their vehicles. In the nearly three years we’ve had them I’ve only had to replace a few cables. Even though there are numerous heavy duty industrial grade cables available, for warranty reasons we stick to the genuine Apple Lightning cables.

So look at how you treat those cables. Are you putting them under strain? Are you yanking them out by pulling the cable or are you removing them gently by gripping the moulded plugs? Do you carefully coil them between usage or do you just stuff them into bags/pockets? Do you check the Lightning plug at the end for dirt or debris and then carefully remove it if present?

Look after the cable and it will usually last at least two years.

• 1 week ago

They sell super charger leads by Duracell in Morrisons or on amazon/prime now...

Treat any cord or cable with great care. 

I've been using iPhones for at least 10 years and never had a charging cord die on me. Sounds like a personal problem.

hrhrshrshsrhderh

Glud glud very cool god night 

• David

Iphone's are overpriced junk

Are you ever charging and using your phone at the same time? If so are you paying attention to the tension you are putting on the cord and charging port?

Buy a longer cord, so that there is little to no tugging on the cord/port as you move or change positions. If you can buy a charging case or dock. Charge the phone and do something else, sleep, watch a movie, eat. 

It is for sure.

• JetDoc

Then maybe it's time to switch to a Samsung.