Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

Should I tell my husband i hooked up with his brother in the past?

I've been married to my husband for 2 years now and together 5 years. We have one child together. One thing that I kinda neglected to tell him was that I hooked up with his brother back in college. It was at a college party. We didnt go the same college but had mutual friends who invited me. I didn't know my husband back then and didnt meet him until years later. I didnt know they were related until months later. It was just awkward to bring up then and even more now. I am not romantically interested in his brother. Tho I do find him physically  attractive still; obviously nothing has happends and will not happen. We are good friends and that's it. And we have an agreement not to talk about the past. We told my husband that we met once briefly back in college and that's it. There is a old roommate who may remember. But I had hundreds of guys in the house in the 4 years; I really doubt she will., just need some outside advice. 

NO!!!!! No!!! Why would anyone even consider doing such an awful thing? Listen unless he is asking you do not volunteer this kind of information. The reason most people do that is to free themselves of guilt. Now  he has to live with that harmful knowledge and for what? Respect him enough to protect his feelings from unnecessary harm. If he does find out and confronts you then admit it and explain that his feeling were more important to you than that information is to be told. He can only respect that you were thinking of his well being.  

No no no no abs nope,

• Orla C

No need. It's ancient history. 

No? Why the hell would you bring something like that up? 

No, of course you shouldn't tell your husband. If you and your brother-in-law have made an agreement, you would be violating that agreement. And it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to destroy your marriage.

I wouldn't, and I wouldn't feel guilty about it either.

• kristy

Keep it quiet. He doesn’t need to know

• Layne

Don't stress out over it and your husband said not to talk about those stories.  Whether you told him or not,  you just talked,  is that right?  If so,  why does it matter?

• Dr. Stephanie

Because they didn't "just talk".

• glcang

The past is the past.

What good would it do unless you have guilt that needs to be dealt with .

• ?

That's information that is likely better left unknown.