If there is intelligent life somewhere else in our universe, could we die and be born on that planet, or anywhere else other than Earth?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

With all due respect no.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Sure why not.    

• 3 weeks ago

It is a long shot

But why don't you give it a go?

Attachment image
    Source(s): Whaaaaaah !! I have been Reincarnated a Mosquito, and that is not easy if you happen to be Gay as well
  • 3 weeks ago

You are asking if you can be reincarnated somewhere else, this should posted in philosophy or religion, this section is for the sciences. Good luck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I used to wonder this myself. Another aspect of this thought is the question of time: why would you be reborn consecutively rather than at random moments in the history of the Universe? A possible answer (although my beliefs are very different nowadays) is that our karma requires us to live out lives on one planet at a time, and another is that we tend to be more aware of adjacent spatiotemporal lives.

• 3 weeks ago

Well this question has several facets, one of religion, one of science fact, and one of philosophy. Growing up, I was taught upon death, we, as in spirit, go to heaven or hell. Gaining knowledge about our universe from science, I conclude there is life 'out there' that has self awareness. How intelligent is speculative.

Philosophy gets more into the question, 'who are "we"?'.

Zen Philosophy relates 'self' as a spirit form without body, and that is the temple of the spirit. Like your body a car, and self, the person driving. Their notion is upon death, going to a higher plane of existence. No bodily bounds.

I read a book once relating to an experience I had called 'Saved by the light'.

People that have briefly experienced death yet lived to tell of it and relates much of all this rolled into one. Reincarnation??,,cant be ruled out but when you leave your body by death, you don't take your brain or conscious memories with you.

Unbounded, free to travel at the speed of thought.

Some distant planet with conception of life, I don't see a limit to take on this different body. millions of light years distant or even a mile here on earth. You will just never have conscious recall of your present self in your present form. Your first awareness may have been seeing your mother or father the first time opening your eyes.

You may not have that in some other life form, maybe smell or sound, even telepathy.

No body knows. It could be that death is the terminal end to everything, like PFFFT and nothing.

• 3 weeks ago

Sure, if you believe in reincarnation

• Henry
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Ancient Greeks and Richard Hoagland also had similar ideas.

• Paula
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That is really 2 questions ---

1) is there intelligent life somewhere else in our universe?

We assume we are not alone in the universe and that life exists elsewhere.

But we don't have evidence to support this.

2) could we die and be born on that planet, or anywhere else other than Earth?

short answer is No.

Sad to say, death is the end of life.

Consciousness ends with death - and that is very much a definition of life. Namely, when we are alive we have consciousness.

Life after death is a matter of faith (in some religions). But we will never know that for sure because we need to die to find out - if we die we no longer have consciousness.

• Henry
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

• Acetek
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

No.  Once you are dead you are dead.  You cease to exist

• Henry
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Only if it's a planet we could actually live on, which means it would have to be similar to Earth - plenty of water, the right kind of temperature, breathable air, and so on.  There could be intelligent life that evolved somewhere that isn't suitable for us, and then we could only live there in buildings built to suit us and only go outside in spacesuits.  It would be a rather strange life, rather like living permanently on a spaceship, but it would be possible to be born, live life and die there.

Of course they would have the same trouble with visiting Earth!

• Henry
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.