What does it mean by upload a passport size photograph ?

I am applying for an exchange program and they require I "upload a passport size photograph". I understand what a passport photo is, and the measurement requirements needed for it to be accepted as a passport photo. Although, does it just mean to upload a picture of myself that is "professional" and doesn't have filters and other things such as bad lighting, other people in it, etc ?

• Sumi

It means that the actual size of the submitted photo is to be equal to that of a passport photo.  Now what is that size?  That'll depend upon which country you live in and can usually be found out by contacting your local government entity that provides passport applications such as your local post office if you live in the United States.  The photo doesn't need to be taken by a pro, it just needs to clearly show your face.  This usually mean NO filters and with even lighting.  Also, it usually means that you remove any eyeglasses, too.

For more clarification, call the company responsible for the exchange program.

• qrk

It means the aspect ratio and the ratios used between the boarder and face are the same as a standard passport photo in your country.

Yes and the same size as a passport photo

• Valeria8 months agoReport

thank you!