Does anime sexualize children?

sometimes. That is why a parent should watch a few and see if it is acceptable for their kids.

I don't see how this character is sexualized she looks cute & looks like a teen to me

They do when they make children look too mature.  Also, its not so cool when they have adult characters acting mature in child-like bodies.  

How is the above sexualized unless you're just a pervert? 

Some does though. Ecchi anime does often and it's gross. Other than that, not really. Not all of it, anyway. 

Sometimes it does 

• C T

yep, some definitely do.

I assure you, so does american media... Not that im defending anime. Im just saying theyre both questionable

Some do so intentionally (such as that one anime I watched and hated because they were sexualizing the breasts of an elementary school child (I think she had precocious puberty)), some do so accidentally (14 year old anime girl dresses like irl 14 year old girl, but due to the fashion industry and beauty standards 14 year old girls are trying to dress in a sexy way), and some anime are very good about keeping their children non-sexual. This isn't a question that can be answered by a simple yes-or-no answer.

Some does, yes.

Thats just a reflection of Japanese culture.

Nope. They don't. Just look that this one.

• I Am Male.3 weeks agoReport

I don't understand what you're saying but okay. Also, Hikari didn't start off as an anime/manga character. She was a game character first. So get mad at the game.

Kind of if it's very well in it