Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

Do transwomen retain their male privilege, and are they just sexist men who think they make better women than real women?

If they didn't retain their male privileged they wouldn't have taken over all human and women's rights organizations in 5 years in the entire Anglo world. That's never happened to any activist group in history. It's NOT just because they're men, it's because they're rich powerful Cluster B personality disorders. Several of them are billionaires and millionaires (Pritzker, Rothblatt, the Wachowskis). The rich ones bribe everyone, meanwhile the Cluster Bs go psycho and stalk, harass, threaten/fire/doxx/destroy everyone who doesn't obey. Look up Andrea James and Deirdre McCloskey re: Michael Bailey. Hell, read these:

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-activism-identity-p...

https://medium.com/@kathleenstock/are-academics-fr...

Not only am I gonna start ignoring you anonymous cowards, I'm gonna start reporting you! Go away, loser!

There is no male privilege for them to retain.  

Maybe about the privilege, I don't know.  But no about the sexist reasons.  They have a brain defect or other mental disease.

Well, you can thank all of the "Leftist women" for legitimizing this "gender identity b.s."  Women on the Left wanted to make the world "so accommodating" to male-to-female transgender people, that now "XX-chromosome women" have to tolerate men being in traditionally female spaces.  You've got men competing in women's sports and using ladies rooms.  This is what the radical Left wanted.

We are women who retain male privilege to some degree.

Trans women are women because one is one's brain, we have female brains structurally and we call an adult with a structurally female brain a woman. We do retain privilege because we have been perceived as male and we have reached social positions which we never would have done otherwise. As far as thinking I'm a better woman than "real" women, if by that you mean a person with XX karyotype without an SRY gene expressed and ovaries, womb(s) and cervices/a cervix, then no, and entertaining that definition for a second the same would apply to someone with CAIS, Turner syndrome or various unusual reproductive system steroid hormone synthesis pathways, and in particular the fact that I don't visibly menstruate and can't get pregnant makes me feel deeply inferior. But by that token cis men are also inferior.

• And responsible for why men and women (no need for the prefix) feel like they have to be so ******* segregated with or without you present and why most people are afraid of being more gender neutral, unisex, or evolving to be more like a hermaphrodite.

• Dooby

Jesus h Christ! You are hateful creatures.

Nope, and nope.

I tend to avoid the word "privilege", because people... attach a lot of meaning to it that isn't quite the intended meaning, I think.  The word "advantage" is more... neutral.

Trans women have *some* of the advantages of having grown up physically male (eg as children, they probably didn't have parents trying to push them into being passive and helpless), but I think overall the *disadvantages* of being trans (especially in a society that tends to view trans women as "traps" trying to trick straight men into homosexuality) far outweigh those few advantages.

no, but you have outed yourself as a faux "feminist" terf moron, thank you. 

• nineteenthly

I don't think this is what the OP did.  There's no problem with using the term "gender-critical" unless you despair of building bridges and reaching an understanding.  TERF is not a helpful term.