Can I reallybe charged for a mess that I don't believe was my fault?

So my dad let me park my car in his driveway. Well he moved the car and scraped the bottom badly and it caused some oil or something to leak on his driveway. Well my dad is a manipulative liar and a bad guy we got into an argument over something stupid. He just got mad and threw a fit and got dramatic as always and told me to come get my car or he would have it towed. So I got the car and stopped talking to him. He proceeded to get mad that I was not talking to him so he would start guilt tripping me saying I hurt him and how I made my step mom cry even though I rpobably didn't he just uses her to make me apologize. Anyway after ignoring him, I got a text saying from him saying if I don't clean his driveway then he will call someone to clean and send the bill to me. Can he even do that?

At you point out, your dad is a manipulative lying jerk. You can't fix that, you can only stay completely away from him without any contact. It is, however, hard to believe he scraped the bottom of the car to the point where it began leaking oil. That implies he probably punctured the oil pan which would drain all the oil in the engine in a short period of time. Considerably more serious than a "leak".

He can do that, but he can't force you to pay. He can't arbitrarily decide you own him for cleaning. Is he petty enough to sue you?

He can do that. What's he going to do if you refuse to pay it, sue you?

Yes, he can send you the bill.  And you can tear it up and toss it in the garbage.

He would have to sue you to force you to pay, and he'd have to prove to the judge that it was your fault.  Obviously that's never going to happen.

No, he can't do that. If he contracts with a driveway cleaner, then he is responsible for the bill. Tell your Dad that you'll split the bill with him. You both bear some of the fault: Dad for damaging your car, and you for parking it where your Dad thought it should be moved. If you gave him the car keys, then you literally gave him permission to move your car. If not? Never leave your keys in the car. NEVER! Your'e just asking for trouble. The holidays are coming up soon. Don't let some oil ruin your family holidays.

You two can go on Judge Judy and let her figure it out! 

Yes, your father can clean up the mess and send you a bill for the clean up.

Yes, you can be charged for a mess that you don't believe was your fault.

Nothing says you have to pay the bill.

• David S

No, it won't affect you unless he sues. Then you'll have to defend in court.