I want to move from Las Vegas to Buffalo. Am I crazy?

I'm currently almost 19 and I've lived in Las Vegas for 15 years. I'm in the middle of pursuing a degree in criminal justice. I'm really interested in being a border patrol agent-- northern border, not southern (as convenient as it would be to move to somewhere like Arizona.) I've always wanted to live in New York and I'm also aware that Buffalo winters are brutal. Am I crazy for wanting to leave here and move there?

• mokrie

No not crazy at all. Life is an adventure. Go for it. If you end up not liking the change of scenery then move again. It could end up being wonderful meeting all new people.

• 1 week ago

Go for it and enjoy because Life is an adventure.

go for it. less traffic for me!!!

• 19, and looking for an easy life! No easier border than with Canada. Go down South and help Trump keep the drug pushers out!

You need to check out schools that have degrees in law enforcement.

Try a visit there first, in the depths of Winter would be my advice. 

If you join the Border Patrol you will be assigned to wherever they need you and not where you want to go. Where you are living at the time you apply is irrelevant. Note that BP cadets at the academy are required to learn Spanish. As you gain seniority you will have more options about where you will be assigned, but not at first.  

The fact one can be assigned anywhere in the USA is part of why many people don't apply for a federal law enforcement position if they want or need to work near "home".  

• zeno

Your a little low on common sense. The majority

Of drugs and criminals come from the southern

Boarder. That is where the work needs done

The most. New York should only be a vacation

Option.

Visit Buffalo in Jan/Feb first if possible. People tend to adjust better going cold—>hot weather.  But going from hot —> cold tends to be a bigger shock to the system. Beyond the temp drop there’s also the loss of daylight during the winter. 

You are not crazy.

Depart from a city home to gang bangers, gambling, and prostitution

• Katherine3 weeks agoReport

I live in Henderson (a suburb a few miles away) and I've always felt safe aside from the downtown area of Vegas. Also prostitution is not legal in LV! But I think I am just sick of living here.