Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

Hanging out with new guy as a girl?

I made a friend. He's really cool. I've never made a friend like this where everything just went great. I met him at work when he was new and he sat with me in the cafeteria. I just dont want him to think I like him. He knows I have a boyfriend so I hope he knows I don't like him more than a friend. We are going to hang out together next weekend. My boyfriend doesn't mind about any of this. My friend and I are going to see a movie and go drinking at the bar. We might take a train ride there because I told him I have never been a train and he said it's fun to go from town to town. We both don't drive that's why we might do that lol. We live 5 min away from each other. He said he wants to take me to a bar he knows but I dont know what he expects. He asked me "so what else are we gonna do?" What else are we supposed to do??

Doesn't sound like you're making it clear enough to him that this is a platonic relationship only and that you're not interested in him sexually/romantically. So I guess just make sure you spend plenty of time talking about how in love you are with your boyfriend. Maybe this is a decent guy capable of being friends with a woman. Or perhaps once you make clear that you're not sexually available he'll retreat. But if that happens don't take it personally. Some guys just can't see past the hormones to treat females like equal humans.

Your boyfriend must have lots of trust in you. Don't let him down... As a male, I know your "friends" intentions, and its the type you should only do with your boyfriend. Going to a movie and train, then going to bar... That sounds like a date and effort is being placed in from the male, hes obviously going to expect something back from you. 

While he knows you have a boyfriend, you're basically showing him that your boyfriend doesn't matter to you, as you're agreeing to go to a movie and get a drink with this guy. You're going on a date with another guy, basically. I think if you really want to keep from leading him on, you should invite your boyfriend along and tell your friend to invite somebody along. 

You should at least provide some oral that night. That’s fairly normal between friends today.  If you don’t want him to get the “wrong impression” then don’t swallow, just discretely spit it into a tissue.