What would you do if your mother called you Ugly?

• Ann

Ask her, "In what way do you consider me ugly"?  Does she mean physically unattractive, have ugly behaviors or what?  That should make her stop and think about her answer.  If she says she thinks you're physically ugly, then tell her you're just following your genetic pattern.  That's a backhanded way of "returning the compliment" to her.

smack her in the face with a baseball bat.

I would say, "like mother, like son"

• BB

I would have to agree with her.

• Lita

Say thanks mom, that's only the second time today you've said it. 

Got told I was physically unattractive very often by my mother. 

Tell her calmly with a sarcastic smile “Like Mother, Like Daughter 😏”

call her hideous because she made me

Remind her everyone says I look like my mother.

Does she call you that often, or was she very angry when she said it?  If she was angry, she was using the word to hurt you, not because it's true.  On the  other hand, if she frequently calls you ugly in front of other people, she may be repeating what has been said to her in the past, and that's her problem, not yours.

For some reason, it seems to be common these days to classify everyone as either gorgeous or ugly, when in fact the great majority of people are neither; they are ordinary looking.

So--no, you are not ugly.

I'd be confused, because it would be completely out of character for her.