How long do I need to wait to throw away a birthday present made of paper?

I am in high school and I live with my parents. Every year on my birthday,  they do this really kind thing where they tape these paper hearts with kind words written on then on my bedroom door while I’m sleeping. But, they are made of paper, and obviously not meant to last a super long time. What is the appropriate amount of time to wait before I can take the hearts off my door without offending my mom?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Jane
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

As others have suggested, why not keep a scrapbook of these messages? You might find them interesting or useful in the future, as part of a journal of your memories. If you keep the journal private, you could record your own personal thoughts too.

• 3 weeks ago

Between 1 to 5 minutes.

• 3 weeks ago

Just throw it away after you got it, we only live once

• 3 weeks ago

Frisky is right, it is really a loving thing to do. Keep them for a few days.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

sounds like ur mum has done this every year so don't take that away from her..........just leave it for a couple of days, then take them down*  

• 3 weeks ago

i wouldve thrown it away after everybody left

• Papa-G
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Start a file, you'd be surprised how these things will help in the future. Believe me! They're worth more than you think.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would leave them on forever if my parents did that

• 3 weeks ago

A week is long enough to take them off your door and if they are on there longer than a month, it becomes tacky.  But you don't have to toss them completely and in face may be in your best interest to box them up for memories in the future.

• 3 weeks ago

Ask her to shop with you for a scrapbook to keep the mementos. She’ll be flattered and you’ll have a way to store them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.