What exactly does it mean to "have kids responsibly"?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It means don't have them until you have the solid foundation in place to raise them correctly. This means you're either faithfully partnered or you're able to earn enough and have enough job flexibility to be a single parent. This means you're not still a child yourself, so over about 25. This means you've got a plan for how to live in a decent school district and get the time off work to be there for your kid (or pay someone else to be). It means you've done your budget and come to the conclusion that you can afford the 250K$ USD it costs to get a kid to the age of 18 (and that you're earning enough to put some aside for college on top of that). This basically means don't pop out a bunch of kids you can't afford at too early an age and without having the patience and maturity to be a good parent.

• 3 weeks ago

mostly money can you afford them and to save for your future too? 

do both parties agree on having them and 

raising them is the same manner ,, spanking religion or non religion 

and no accidents , plan when to have them 

the fact is two people alone seldom agree on the needed terms of life, having children is just making it worse

if your living on a budget that is a good start ,, if your living pay check to paycheck you should not have children yet.

but do not assume anything 

have a written plan both of you agree on on all things 

• 3 weeks ago

Need to know more about the situation. I think it may mean to plan for your children when you're in a good place in your relationship, you both want children, and you can afford them.

• 3 weeks ago

To be honest, I prefer the word "Children" over mere kids but I do get it... I agree with what a lot of people on here are saying. However, it's easier said than done! Just look around! You see so many young and irresponsible people that shouldn't have children, have them! 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

To have kids when you can financially afford them and also are able to give the children a loving and stable home life.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Great question.   Some of this is practical and some of it is more relationship oriented.   The most important thing by far (imo) is that a child brought into the world needs parents in a stable, loving relationship.  This almost always means marriage.  Find a good person who will be a good parent to your kids, get married, and try to spend a year or so adapting to married life.  Travel.  Do the things you can't do so easily once those kids arrive.   There's a reason this is the traditional way to do things, and kids thrive much more when parents provide this.

On the practical side, it's mostly about money.  If one spouse wants to stay home, does the other make enough to support 3 people?  If both like working and want to continue, have they researched costs of childcare and developed a plan for emergencies?  (who stays home, who goes to work).

If a couple does these 2 things, the odds are very much in their favor their kids will grow up happy and healthy.  When people deviate, just look at the questions in here.  My real life experience is the same.  Kids always suffer the most when parents make bad choices.

• K8
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You have kids after both parents are financially and emotionally ready to be GOOD parents.  It's best after educations for both are complete, careers are started, and the relationship is solid.   

Good parents put in the time and do the work necessary to make sure their kids are cared for and educated.  Good parents teach and guide their children to become independent, self sufficient, responsible adults.  It's a huge long term job and a huge responsibility.  

• Linda
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

I agree and I have never understood that.

• 3 weeks ago

Not having more than you can financially support.

• 3 weeks ago

Like drinking, you should only have the number you can handle.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You should ask whomever is saying that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.