Is it unusual for a childs hair to change colour naturally?

I was born with brown hair then when I was 2 it changed to really light blonde and then back to brown again when I was 4 and I have been brown since.

Is that unusual or common?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It's very common. Your hair changes color and texture as you go through the different stages of life. Baby and toddler hair is nothing like a child's hair. A child's hair changes drastically as as teen. When a teen becomes and adult their hair changes also. It's less common for a person's hair to remain the same all their life. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you think you blemish then is.

• Blonde
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes. I was born with brown hair then was bald, then it grew in white. It started to darken slightly as I got older, and especially after having children.

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It is unusual because most children don't change that dramatically, but minor changes are normal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

This is common, as far as I know. I was born with light blonde hair, then it darkened to borderline light brown as I got older. My six-month-old was born with about half a head full of almost black hair (she looked like a little middle-aged man -- basically just fuzz on top and tons of hair in the back, lol), and hers has lightened up to more of a sandy brown color.

• 4 weeks ago

My sister was born with straight, jet black hair that turned very blonde within the first year. As she matured, her hair got darker, curlier, and thicker. 

Hair texture and color are genetic but also influenced by environmental and dietary factors, from what I've observed, so not super unusual. 

• 4 weeks ago

Usually that is an early sign of testicular cancer. Not a good sign...

• 4 weeks ago

Fairly common. I was a toe head when I was born; my parents joked that my hair was so blonde, it was transparent. Then as I got older, it turned into a mousy brown.

• Lib.rare.ian
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

The idiom is "towhead".  Not "toe head".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.