Any advice on recovering from The flu?

I feel so ill, my whole body aches, headache, I’ve got a cough & cold, sickness, you name it. I’ve been having ibuprofen, hot drinks. I’ve had the flu since yesterday so I know it’s not going to go away straightaway. But does anyone have any advice?? I feel awful 

• Edna

The best advice I have for someone who has the flu (and you will feel miserable) is to just stay in bed, cover up warmly, take some aspirin for the fever, drink plenty of fluids, eat clear soups or Jello (to get something in your stomach), and lie there and suffer  and wait for the flu to run its course. You'll probably start feeling a little bit better in about 4 more days.

There's really no medication you can take that will "speed up" your recovery from a bad case of the flu.  

All you can do is rest and continue the other self care.

• audrey

Do what the others said. Well, not the last one. But next year GET A FLU SHOT! Hope you feel better soon.

• lilyann3 weeks agoReport

I have asked for the flu jab every year however my doctors are reluctant in giving it me
      Because I’m not a priority 

Patience........

Ibuprofen is really bad - I call it a product of the medical holocaust industries. 

Buy MSM at eBay (methylsulfonmethane); it takes pain away and is natural. Eat self made soup cooked with bones for the minerals. Take 50000 i.u. vitamin D3, 1000mcg vitamin K2 and 1g magnesium. Take iron. The bad thing is that people do not care for their health. Eat self made sauerkraut - that is the best probiotic. Chamillomile tea and stinging nettel tea.

Make sure you are getting plenty of rest. Not just body but mind.  Watch feel good movies that put your mind at ease.  Drink water.  Lots of water.  It will help your body, literally, flush out the virus and toxins that slow down the healing process. Stay away from caffeine as it dehydrates you. And try not to eat dairy. It increases mucus production. Yuck.   Stay warm. A lot of people think you need to reduce your fever. Unless you are at a dangerous level (over 103 degrees you need to see a doctor) then let the fever do its job!  Your body increases heat to kill the virus. Viruses can survive at our 98.6 normal temp. But not 101.  You feel sick because it takes so much energy for your body to kill viruses.  Give it the rest and be gentle with yourself. Your body will thank you.

Feel better soon! I was also going to suggest pain killers for the aches but it looks like you already are doing that. 

• PAMELA

If you have the flu you just have to put up with it, drink plenty of fluids, take pain killers for the headache, and rest, if it is the flu bed is the best place for you.

Bed rest and time.