.
. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 months ago

Why is a child of a 2nd marriages are given the same name as a child of a 1st marriage, if the child of the 1st marriage is still alive?

Why do people do this, I have come across this 3 times with half siblings having same first, middle & last name?

• blank

No originality is my guess.

Dude you are giving me a headache. 

I've seen this in obituaries and I doubt there were even marriages involved in some cases. The kids are named after the father because of HIS ego. So if his name is John, his kids are named: John II; John, Jr.; Johniece; Johnetta; JohnMichael, etc. Sort of like George Foreman did with his kids all being named after himself.

Idk, I mean you could always ask your half siblings or something

• Tulip

Don't know, don't care

I've never heard of it, but apparently the parents really really like the name.

The closest thing I know of is two great uncles (full brothers) who have the same first name.

I have 2 cousins, same father, same names.  I have no idea why, and I've never asked.

• Layne

Wow that is weird and can you change that?

Never, ever seen this.  You must run in weird circles.

ask...................................