Lv 5
. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 weeks ago

Why is a child of a 2nd marriages are given the same name as a child of a 1st marriage, if the child of the 1st marriage is still alive?

Why do people do this, I have come across this 3 times with half siblings having same first, middle & last name?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • blank
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

No originality is my guess.

• 3 weeks ago

Dude you are giving me a headache. 

• 3 weeks ago

I've seen this in obituaries and I doubt there were even marriages involved in some cases. The kids are named after the father because of HIS ego. So if his name is John, his kids are named: John II; John, Jr.; Johniece; Johnetta; JohnMichael, etc. Sort of like George Foreman did with his kids all being named after himself.

• Idk, I mean you could always ask your half siblings or something

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Don't know, don't care

• 3 weeks ago

I've never heard of it, but apparently the parents really really like the name.

The closest thing I know of is two great uncles (full brothers) who have the same first name.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I have 2 cousins, same father, same names.  I have no idea why, and I've never asked.

Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

I guess it's a common thing.... My grandfather was upset about it, and thought his grandson was being replaced until my cousin came up with the nickname King Junior.

• 3 weeks ago

Wow that is weird and can you change that?

Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Nope... Not my name, not my problem. but I liked the way my cousin handled the situation, he has the same name as his father and half brother, he calls himself King Junior because he's the oldest.

• Never, ever seen this.  You must run in weird circles.

Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

It all happened by chance, I'm sure it messed up school records and at work it became a topic of conversation when 1 of my employees had a half brother with the same name. 

• nanu
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

ask...................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.