Hellooo asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 3 weeks ago

Why does my LG TV say 'no signal'?

I recently got an LG TV. I've plugged in my sky box and the 'promo' channel comes on but when I try to go to the main menu or choose a channel, it cuts out and says 'no signal'. It also does not connect to my Amazon fire stick and says 'no signal'. It seems to recognise that there is something plugged into the HDMI socket as it gives the option to select it in the input menu, and takes away the option when unplugged, but refuses to connect. I know it's not an issue with my sky or amazon as they work perfectly on my old TV. Any help would be appreciated.

• Lv 7

if the sky box is outputting a signal that the TV cannot understand, then it will not display.

for instance, if it sends a 1080p signal and your TV is 720p, it will consider that "no signal".

if it isn't working, best to return it to the store.

Means you have defective HDMI ports or the device you're plugging INTO it is defective. Or even bad HDMI cables. Check with multiple devices and plugs.

Difficult to diagnose, without actually being there. It seems that you have not got it connected properly.

Because it is not receiving a signal.  You might want to read the owner's manual.

• Hellooo3 weeks agoReport

Clearly... my question is WHY is it not receiving a signal when it is plugged in?