Bob
Bob asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 weeks ago

Myles Garrett,during the appeal of his suspension said that Mason Rudolph used a racial slur during their altercation, do you believe him?

• Lee

No I don't believe him, if this was true he would have mentioned it right after the game instead of waiting several days to say anything about it.

• ctc453

No, I do not, otherwise he would not have waited a week to say so. Even if it was true, it doesn't excuse Garrett of his felony offense of attempted murder. 

No I don't, and even if it was true, it doesn't justify Garrett's actions.

• David

Doesn't excuse Garrett's actions, even if he did. Name calling can be an excuse, but it's not a reason for violence.

Of course not, someone obviously convinced him to play the race card to gain support among his peers or he would have said that immediately after it happened. 

I don't care if he called him a ****** and threatens to rape his daughter.  Words do not equal actions.

No I don't, but it doesn't matter at all.

It's no excuse for losing your cool and attacking another player, if you watch what happened you can see Garret  tackle Mason and wrapped his hands around him and hold him without letting him go, all this long after the ball was thrown away , Garret came in there looking to start a fight before the play even started, and the rest is history.

Probably, he’s a noted MAGA supporter. 

I wondered at the time if he had said something racist to incite Garret but now, I don't believe it because it would have come out sooner I believe 

• Mike W

Whether I believe him is irrelevant.  It comes across as him making excuses for his actions.   

It’s probably true