Do fast food chains not value customer service?

I dine out often. At least twice a week.

On several occasions, I have witnessed fast food workers who have poor work ethics and customer service skills.

I have observed hickeys and love marks on worker's necks. Cell phone usage, horseplay, and use of foul language.

I think all of this looks unprofessional in front of the presence of customers.

Are jobs like these considered low-end, where customer service is not valued?

Are jobs like these , for "trashy" people who cannot really better themselves?

Is there any opportunity for job growth or career advancement for workers like these who behave like this in front of customers?

You try operating an eatery paying minimum wage and hire only "professionals".

SMH.

You would be fired in short order because you would not have anywhere near enough employees.

< I have observed hickeys and love marks on worker's necks. >

I worked at McDonalds many years ago.  You have a lot of young kids that end up dating a lot of the other people that worked there and at that stage, hickies aren't rare.

Pull the self righteous stick out of your butt.

up the first half an interview in my first place for me that 

• Don't bother eating out at them, take your food home or to your workplace. Then you don't have to deal with that. 

If employees are being rude to you or giving you attitude, then speak to the manager and report them. At least they shouldn't be using their phones while they're working. 

I don't think I would call it 'low end', I call them 'starter' jobs or entry jobs. Some people start out working in fast food places, then work their way to where they want to be. 

I think it has allot to do with the management and how they are trained. I see evidence of both of caring good customer service by these employees at many and various fast food restaurants, but have also experienced very in your face rudeness, as if I were a bother to them for ordering something. I think if a young person is in the food industry and learns good customer service, they could springboard into many opportunities beyond their current jobs.

Snowflake's idea of "dining out" is fast food twice a week and is suddenly concerned about career advancement for "trashy" employees?

I'd like a double trollburger with cheese, please. 

dont sound like those do

• Stella

Typically the employees at these establishments are one step above the customers. 

So, you know.....

• Mark

Hmm... why do you "dine" out at these places.?  There are plenty other places in which you can eat...

not all of them are like that

Not all restaurants are the same